Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grandma Cruickshank My Best Friend



Last night my Grandma Cruickshank passed away. It has been hard letting go but I know that she has gone to a far better place. My grandma has meant so much to me while I have been growing up. I remember when she lived in Canada and I was a little girl we would go up and visit her and just have a ball. She always had a smile on her face and always joked around. I was lucky that she was always in good health and would run and play with us. As I got older I learned more from her then I ever thought one person could teach you. She was the best cook and baker that I have ever known. I got my love of cooking from her, we would spend hours in the kitchen together making food laughing and joking around. When she would live with us for six months I would take her with me everywhere. I loved driving her around and having one-on-one time with her. My grams and I are a lot alike. She always wanted the best for me and I loved spending so much time with her. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. As hard as it is for me to let her go I want the best for her and know that this was her time. Its what she wanted, she has been a widow for almost 30 years so she is now happily reunited with my grandfather. I love her so much!

3 comments:

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma, but you are right I bet she is so excited to be back with her husband! It was good to see you the other day!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I know she meant so much to you just by the way you would talk about her at clinicals.

sara and wade said...

sorry to hear that jen! i can only imagine the love you had for her. all the things you said about her were really sweet. i can see where you get it from. the trick is to remember the good times that you had and all that she taught you and smile and know that she and your grandpa are happily together and you can see them again. tender times. sure love ya and hope that you'll feel better.