Friday, November 14, 2008

Cakes, Graduation, Birthdays, Tests, and More Cakes

So November 8th started out by delivering a wedding cake that my sister and I put together. We really enjoyed making this one even though it was during a stressful time in my life seeing as how I was getting ready to take my radiology boards so I was stressed about fitting it in with the studying but it seemed to work out well.

I then went to my graduation. Hooray I am done with school however it does feel super odd. I feel like I should be studying or should be doing something with my time. I guess I'm not used to be an unemployed college grad. Hopefully I'll find a job and things will all work out for me.

The graduating class of 2008, there are thirteen of us.

The ladies of Radiology!

Nick my study partner we became good friends during the course of our two years together.

Its all very exciting!
After graduation which was lovely we went to celebrate my sister Carly's birthday! It was an enjoyable evening. We all got together as a family and just ate till we were about to explode. However Carly wasn't feeling well so that kind of put a damper on things but she was a trooper and fought through it, it was quite fun.

On the tenth I went to a bridal shower for my friend from school and I made her a cake. It was fun to see everyone outside of school and outside of the hospital. It doesn't seem like that ever happens but when it does we go all out. The food was delicious thanks to those who brought everything and Laura did an awesome job planning it. Everything was a hit, which was quite perfect for me because I had to take my boards the next day so it helped me relax. When I took my boards the minute I hit "end exam" my heart stopped till I got my results. I PASSED! So my little heart attack was worth it. But it sure did make my heart hurt for a bit after.

I just finished making a birthday cake for a little girl. It is Cinderella and if you know me at all you know how excited I was to make this cake. Over all this past week has been busy and enjoyable so all in all a great week!

5 comments:

JaMiEj said...

Wow Jenni! Way to go on your graduation! Congratulations! And I've never seen before how AMAZING you are at cake making! What a stellar skill! Where did you learn it? And I hope things work out for you too! I hear post graduation is a little hard. Not like I'll ever EVER know! lol You're adorable! Good luck!

Riss said...

that wedding cake is beautiful! makes me excited for this weekend. ;)

Unknown said...

Congratultions on Passing!!! Those cakes are great.

LJ Lately said...

yay! I'm so happy you survived your crazy week and passed the registry! woo woo! Thanks again for making that awesome cake for Marissa's shower and I'm glad you had a good time! see you soon!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

I loved Marissa's bridal cake...super cute. I'm still bummed out that I wasn't able to come. :( Congrats on passing your boards and you'll find a job before you know it! Enjoy the time off!